DirtyBean

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Misconceptions...

One day, back when I was pregnant, I was watching The View. This woman came on and was talking about pregnancy and all the misconceptions. She did all this research and even wrote a book called, Misconceptions. While I had to have that book. I went right up to Barnes and Noble and picked up a copy. I went home and immediatly started reading it. Frist off, this book is absolutely depressing. If you are pregnant, please don't read it...wait until you are no longer pregnant. Hours later...my husband comes home to a hysterical sobbing wife who is convinced that our unborn child is mentally challenged. One of the chapters talked about how in ancient Chinease cultures, your unborn child absorbs all your bad traits. For example, If you pretend to be menally challenged with your cousin on the long drive up to school for fun, your child will then actully BE menally challenged. My son is now 8 months old and appears to be just fine, thank you very much anicent Chinease culture!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Miranda said…

    I don't think you ever told me about that book, I thought that you were worried about having a mentally challenged baby cuz you were crazy.lol. i feel better. haha. just playing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home