DirtyBean

Monday, November 22, 2004

Gertie...Part TwO

Remember how I told you about the relgious freak named Gertie who tried to come into my house and convert me?! And how I didn't open the door, I told her I was naked...Anyways, So it's Saturday, right, and I am trying to get my son to take a nap. Really trying. Hard. When I hear I knock at the door. Thinking it's the neighbors door, I ignore it. The knocking persists, and so I get out of bed with Nick in my arms and go to the door and ask who it is.
The voice answers back that it is John & Beth. (John was with Gertie last time...Gertie probably died. She sounded old. Come to think of it, she never talked...I don't know if there even was a Gertie.)
He says that I said to come back another time-I did. I am so bored and so not wanting to continue to try to get my son to sleep, that I open the door.
John says, "How long do you think Adam would have lived if he haden't committed a sin?"
Me, "uhhhhh, I don't know?"
John, "FOREVER! I know what your thinking, who wants to live forever with diseases and cancers and everything, right?"
Me, "I wasen't thinking that."
John goes on and on about What If Adam Haden't Committed a Sin.
Me, "But he did committ a sin...Get over it. Lets move on already."
John hands me liturature and pulls on my sons foot and talks baby to Nick.
Me...Shuts door, looks down and realizes my zipper is down. What a great day. I wish I haden't opened the door afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home